When choosing to install Marmoleum a customer can be certain that they are choosing a solution which will last for years to come. This is thanks to its unique Topshield protection and also the unique two layer system with which Marmoleum is made. This two layer system means that Marmoleum can be repaired or refreshed.
The strength of the unique Marmoleum performance comes from the combination of the Marmoleum substrate with the Topshield coating system primer.
- At Forbo we have mastered the art of making Linoleum, as a result the quality of the materials used in creating Marmoleum is of the highest quality and optimised for performance.
- Our ability to create such a high performing and consistent product is why Marmoleum has sold over 100 million m² across the world.
Topshield2, with 2-layer system:
- A two-layer system is the norm in many industries to get superior performance. For example, when painting wood or metal, a primer is used first to secure the durability.
- Topshield primer bonds with the linoleum surface creating an initial protective layer. The primer is both thermal and UV cured.
- The second layer of Topshield is applied giving a tough, scratch resistant and dirt repellent finish, one that is also both thermal and UV cured.